In a continuation of the right wing’s newfound fetish for the early nineties and microfiche, the conservative Hate-O(bama)-sphere has cooked up another half-baked “smoking gun” to destroy President Obama’s presidency. This time, it’s a quote from a 1990 interview that they say demonstrates that President Obama hates America. MSNBC mainstay Rachel Maddow tracked down similar (maybe even worser) quotes from Presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush that have yet to make the wingnuts spin.The outrage began on a blog called Ironic Surrealism, who apparently don’t understand the function of quotation marks. Their headline reads “Obama 1990 Interview: ‘We’re Going To Reshape Mean Spirited Selfish America, I Hope To Be Part Of Transformation,’” which denotes that this is a direct quote from said interview. Here’s what then-President of the Harvard Law Review Barack Obama actually said:“Hopefully, more and more people will begin to feel their story is somehow part of this larger story of how we’re going to reshape America in a way that is less mean-spirited and more generous,” Obama said.“I mean, I really hope to be part of a transformation of this country.”Whether you feel that headline was a fair paraphrase or not, the use of quotation marks… Read full this story
- Barack Obama unleashes on Donald Trump and Republicans saying MAGA riot is 'NOT a complete surprise' saying it is a consequence of his 'fantasy' about election defeat and 'years of sown resentments'
- Barack Obama Decries “Great Dishonor & Shame For Our Nation” Of Donald Trump & Capitol Hill Violence
- Barack Obama Says Michelle Adamantly Opposed to Him Running for President
- US Capitol: Barack Obama accuses Donald Trump of inciting violence
- ‘They Can Choose America’: Former Presidents React After Mob Of Rioters Overrun U.S. Capitol
- How Social Media Was Used to Help Bring Down ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’
- George Floyd Protesters Have Plenty of Public Presidential Support, Just Not From Trump
- Obama calls mob scene a moment of 'shame' but not surprise
- As Trump pursues an electoral do-over, should Biden pick Obama as AG?
- 'Great dishonour and shame': Obama on US Capitol riots
Rachel Maddow Asks Why Both Presidents George Bush ‘Hate America’ Like Barack Obama have 353 words, post on www.mediaite.com at March 18, 2012. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.