Informatics Biden Says U.S. Will Lead Energy RevolutionAmerica, with its entrepreneurial spirit and innovative national labs, will lead the global clean-energy revolution and reap the economic and environmental benefits that go with it, Vice President Joe Biden vowed in a visit last week to the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).But that will happen only if partnerships between national labs and the most innovative start-ups are encouraged and allowed to blossom, he said. New initiatives from the DOE are making it easier for small but innovative companies to access technologies developed at the national labs, he said.Now, those licenses are just $1,000, so cost is no longer a barrier, he said.NREL and other national labs will provide the spark, and private companies will use the efficiencies of the market to commercialize the best clean-energy innovations, Biden told an overflow crowd at NREL’s Golden, CO campus.”Now, more than ever, America’s future competitiveness depends on our ability to innovate and our capacity to live up to our rich history of technological advancement,” said Vice President Biden. “This kind of public-private partnership fosters extraordinary innovation, allows brilliant ideas to develop, and gives businesses the tools they need to bring… Read full this story
- Nancy Pelosi launches formal impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump amid reports he withheld aid money from Ukraine - as he brands the move 'more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage' and accuses the Dems of 'presidential harassment'
- Rudy Giuliani's Ukraine ‘Investigation’ Stars Some of Kyiv's Most Dubious Characters
- Are the Electability Fears About Elizabeth Warren Overblown?
- Sanders optimistic about winning Nevada, Iowa, New Hampshire
- President Robbins discusses Campus Conversations, strategic plan, UA sports
Biden Says U.S. Will Lead Energy Revolution have 281 words, post on www.scientificcomputing.com at May 24, 2011. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.