Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs smiled when asked if he expectedinjured Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to start Sunday inBaltimore.”We know he’s going to play. This is championship football,”Suggs said Wednesday. ”We’re expecting to see 7-Up. Don’t feedinto that.”Roethlisberger sprained his right foot in Pittsburgh’s overtimewin in Buffalo last week. Although Suggs has no way of knowing theseverity of the injury, he does know the importance of thisparticular Steelers-Ravens game.That’s why he has no doubt about Roethlisberger’savailability.As if to illustrate a point, Suggs brought up the time heinjured his right shoulder in a 2008 playoff game against Tennesseeand was listed as questionable the following week for Baltimore’sgame in Pittsburgh for the AFC championship.”Remember I came out with the (sling) on my shoulder and I’mlike, ‘Uh, I’m not sure if I’m going to play?”’ Suggs said.He then made a face that made it clear he had no intention ofmissing that game. Not only did Suggs play, but he had two sacks ina 23-14 defeat.That’s how it is when Baltimore faces Pittsburgh. Watching fromthe sideline is more painful than playing with an injury, whichexplains why injured Ravens Le’Ron McClain (ankle sprain), MichaelOher (sprained knee) and Dawan Landry (concussion) are diligentlyworking to maintain their places… Read full this story
- Report: Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Expects To Play Next Season And Beyond After Surgery To Reattach 3 Tendons
- Ravens coach Harbaugh: LB Suggs ‘headed for Hall of Fame’
- Ravens, Suggs poised to test Bears rookie QB Trubisky
- Brees and Saints vs Suggs and Ravens: ‘A good, fun game’
- Chiefs’ add Suggs to defensive mix for Super Bowl push
- Chiefs claim Suggs off waivers after Okafor injury
- Strictly stars Dianne Buswell and Joe Sugg spark baby rumours!
- Inside Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell's festive trip Down Under: Strictly couple enjoy sunset bike rides, wildlife encounters and a romantic Christmas Eve on the beach
- Tracy Beaker star Dani Harmer is completely unrecognisable as she joins The Chase celebrity special
- Cal football coach Justin Wilcox expects to fill coaching staff soon
Sack-happy Suggs expects to chase Roethlisberger have 357 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 2, 2010. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.