Its almost been exactly a year since George W. Bush left the White House – a place he called “home” for eight full years. But recent events in Haiti appear to have transcended the once and future bipartisan landscape, bringing back the former president from his relative secluded and quiet, post-presidential life. Yesterday Bush was a guest on Meet the Press with Bill Clinton, and he candidly shared his feelings towards being back in the spotlight.The television appearance for President Bush only happened under strict conditions that topics never veered off of humanitarian aid in Haiti. Writing for the NY Times, Peter Baker reports:But Mr. Bush resolutely stuck to his vow to stay out of the political debates consuming Washington. He held his tongue, as he has for a year, even as President Obama has deflected criticism by pointing to the troubles he inherited and while many from Mr. Bush’s old team, led by former Vice President Dick Cheney, waged a vigorous campaign against the current president.The Sunday interviews were organized on the condition that they stuck to Haiti, an adviser said. “Now’s not the time to focus on politics,” Mr. Bush said on “Face the Nation” on CBS. “It’s… Read full this story
- Governors step into national spotlight as they combat coronavirus
- Trump uses coronavirus crisis to push his broader agenda
- 5 Things to Know About Billy Bush Amid His Controversy with Donald Trump
- Worthing FC’s George Dowell fought back from a career-ending car crash to save his club, but the fight’s not over yet
- Coronavirus: Trump knows economic meltdown brings political pain
- Spotlight: Americans divided sharply over Trump's handling of COVID-19 crisis
- Trump urges Americans to avoid groups, travel and restaurants as coronavirus crisis worsens
- Coronavirus crisis scrambles 2020 political calculus
- Democratic leaders win surge of approval during Covid-19 crisis
- US governors shine in coronavirus crisis while Trump flounders: 'I love waking up to Cuomo'
Haiti Crisis Brings A Reluctant George Bush Back Into The Spotlight have 314 words, post on www.mediaite.com at January 18, 2010. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.