Part One Of two partsChapter OneI had an impulse, when I was nineteen-years old, to become the editor and publisher of a small town weekly newspaper in Stillwater, Minnesota, it turned out to be a little more complex than I had expected. I think inside of most men they think they can be a singer, own a restaurant, or be a small town editor, and I was no different.Formerly, when I lived in St. Paul Minnesota, I knew a good many newspaper men and women, met them through contacts when I was quite young, seventeen, eighteen and now nineteen. They all dreamed of getting away from the low tone, hustle and bustle of things in these Midwestern conservative cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, and owning their own little place, running it the way they wanted to, and writing books in their spare time, or moving onto San Francisco or New York, something bigger, not like a generation before them, when now, the old folks, came to the city, and all they wanted was to own a corner ma and pa grocery store, that’s all but gone now. With change, comes new generational goals, comes new dreams, or perhaps it… Read full this story
- 'Who cares, right?' One Tree Hill star Hilarie Burton, 37, calls her grey roots the 'silver lining' of lockdown as she praises frontline workers
- No link to the Bard … but this Lady Macbeth is just as deadly
- EXCLUSIVE: From filthy Russian mining town where she was too poor for high heels to love with Bradley Cooper - Irina Shayk's 'affair' with a sugar daddy and how she nearly didn't get a visa because of her Muslim roots
- Brian Dennehy dead: ‘First Blood’ and ‘Cocoon’ actor and Tony-winning stage star, was 81
- Ranking TV's Top 20 Badass Female Characters
- Big Little Lies season two was supposed to end with a shock death says Zoe Kravitz: 'Someone did die but I don't know what I'm allowed to say'
- All Grown Up: See the Cast of
- Nicholas Coleridge: colossus of the glossy mag
- The Other Wonder Woman: Michelle MacLaren Is the Best Director on TV
- Al Gore: Climate of Denial
The Vanity of Ernest Hem (or, Dead Roots Drama) Part One of Two have 353 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 25, 2009. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.