Watching your money disappear can make you feel old fast. I feel like I aged a decade last week. Of course, when it comes to investing, all you should care about is what happens next. If I were smart enough to pick the tops and bottoms in the market, I might be on a yacht somewhere. Until I get that smart, you can find me on the 1, 2, 3 or 7 train. Yet the past few days, for the first time in months, I have been a net buyer of stocks. I’m a bit hesitant like most everyone, but it indicates I’m making a bet that Friday’s activity could mean we hit bottom. Here is where I think we’re headed: I feel much better about the economy than I did a week ago. The economy is not better. It is worse. But at least everyone seems to realize the severity of the problem. If I had been Treasury secretary or Fed chief, I would have done many things differently leading up to this crisis. But the world does not need a Monday morning quarterback. It needs solutions from the leaders of the world’s major countries. There are many potential… Read full this story
- PS5 release RECAP updates on stock and availability at GAME, Currys, Amazon and more
- Long Island Appliance Store Owner’s Gamble Pays Off After Stocking Up On $1 Million Worth Of Inventory At Start Of Pandemic
- Twitter sees funny side of toilet paper shortage as Covid panic buying hits US stores again after cases spike
- Sir Philip Green lounges on his superyacht off Monaco this week as his high street fashion empire Arcadia hit the rocks... now, it's revealed he is already ditching his billionaire baubles but is he sunk for good?
- 'Look at the state of your hair, you can towel dry it!' Kay Burley insists hairdryers ARE essential as she tackles Welsh minister over Mark Drakeford's new 'trolley police' who will stop shops selling 'non- essential goods'
- Fury at Nicola Sturgeon for 'manufacturing grievances' as she demands MORE Covid money from Westminster - despite already having been handed £6.5BILLION extra - amid warning that Scotland's new FIVE Tier lockdown will see some businesses close permanently
- What happened to former Gogglebox stars - DVD controversy, prison and off-screen feud
- 31 of the best TV shows to see on Hulu
- Another Covid vaccine breakthrough as Moderna reveals its jab is 94.5% effective - making it BETTER than Pfizer's (but the UK hasn't bought any...)
- US jobs data disappoints; Co-op ex-CEO grilled - as it happened
I'll buy this: Stocks may have hit bottom have 422 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 12, 2008. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.