Solicitors in Hampshire are sending out a word of warning out to companies to guard themselves against the threat of internet and email abuse by employees.Katherine Maxwell is a partner and heads the department of employment solicitors hampshire, for the Southampton-based firm, Moore Blatch. She says because electronic communication has become a dependency for a lot of employers, to meet their business requirements the newest information technology is adopted with in the workplace, with the Internet and email being the most common examples.”One persistent problem associated with internet and email use by employees is its potential for misuse or abuse within working hours. As a result of these actions employers could be faced with a whole host of issues including loss of productivity, bandwidth waste, legal liability, the company being brought into disrepute and disclosure of confidential information.”Staff productivity is often the major worry, with employees spending a lot of time sending personal emails or surfing the Internet. In fact, online gambling attributed to losses of £300 million a year for businesses, a survey found last year.Katherine continues: “Even though there is potential for employees to misuse software, employers can take several steps to protect themselves against this issue and… Read full this story
- Regional policy requires rethink as myth of London’s productivity debunked
- How can businesses tackle sexual harassment?
- UK apprenticeships plan attacked by key employer groups
- Labour unveils plans to crack down on energy industry abuses
- Tata Steel crisis: business secretary says a rescue deal can still be done
- Business leaders urge government to create productivity watchdog
- Google gets slapped with $5BN EU fine for Android antitrust abuse
- Term insurance for the self-employed
- Meet the seven people who hold the keys to worldwide internet security
- The risks of oversharing at work are real. Here’s how to set better boundaries
Businesses At Risk Of Internet Abuse - Employment Solicitor Might Be Required! have 299 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 23, 2008. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.