President Bush hates scallops, but former White House chef Walter Scheib says the humble mollusks shouldn’t be blamed for his ouster from the First Family’s kitchen. Scheib (r.) has tried to hold his tongue since he was fired in August – reportedly at the behest of Laura Bush. But last week, he grew angry when an unnamed East Wing official told The Wall Street Journal he was booted for displaying “a level of arrogance … in preparing dishes the Bush family detested – scallops in particular, which kept appearing on menus despite repeated complaints. ” Scheib now tells us: “There was never any request to take scallops off the menu. If there had ever been any request like that, I can assure you there never would have been a scallop in the building. ” The chef reckons that the bivalve found its way onto the presidential table only about 11 times – and every time, “The First Lady approved the menu. ” So why does he think he got canned, after 11 years of serving such dignitaries as Tony Blair, Jacques Chirac, Princess Di? “Mrs. Bush wanted to put her signature on the White House kitchen,” says Scheib, who was… Read full this story
- Cummings' Purported COVID-19 Lockdown Breach Warrants ‘Thorough Investigation’ - Ex-Chief Prosecutor
- Ex-officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks released on bond
- Wirecard ex-COO Marsalek's entry into Philippines was faked, minister says
- Barclays board begins fight to claw back Bob Diamond's £22.9m share package as it's revealed Mervyn King 'gave him final push'
- DELTANS TO HERDSMEN: Comply with order to relocate from camps now
- Johnny Depp's High Court libel case against The Sun over 'wife beater' article gets go-ahead
- 2023: We’re working on Igbo presidency – Ohanaeze, Amaechi, Izuogu, others
- Breaking down Bolton's account of a White House in turmoil
- Amber Heard had affairs with Elon Musk and James Franco, Johnny Depp's lawyers say
- Flynn-Kislyak call transcripts released, revealing fateful talks over Russia sanctions
PREZ'S EX-CHIEF DENIES ANU HSELLFISH MOTIVES have 310 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at January 4, 2006. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.